PERCEPTION: The Wednesday Word #WednesdayWisdom
WORD: Perception (noun)
When you look in the mirror, who’s looking back? If you’re having a conversation, what are you basing the decisions you’re making about who you’re talking with? How do you see the world around you?
DEFINITION of Perception:
- the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something through the senses.
- the state of being or process of becoming aware of something through the senses.
- a way of regarding, understanding, or interpreting something; a mental impression.
ETYMOLOGY of Perception:
- late Middle English: from Latin perceptio(n- ), from the verb percipere ‘seize, understand’
Perception, The Wednesday Word ACTION IDEAS:
It doesn’t matter how others perceive you, what matters is how YOU perceive yourself.” –Grant Cardone
This is the most important perception of all. How, the condition or quality of something, do you perceive yourself? And know this, that whatever your perception of yourself is, is that it is and always will be… earned.
Problems are opportunities” -Grant Cardone
How do you perceive the world around you? You have a choice. What you think is there may be very different when you change your perception. If you’d like to make more money, then to the degree you start to see problems as opportunities, the faster you’ll increase your income.
So, let’s challenge your perceptions on…
- Money as abundant and available to you
- Failure as a coach
- Your ability to improve and grow
- The amount of time you have
- The opinions of others
- Blame as a scapegoat
- The conditions of your life are only your responsibility
How do you perceive these 7? What could your life be like if you made the appropriate shifts? Would you let go of your old perceptions in order to have a better perception of you and your life? When would be the best time to do that?