How do you perceive yourself?
Call me lazy, but how cool is it when the Action Ideas show up on their own and I don’t have to come up with them!
In Grant Cardone’s Strategy of the Week, Grant puts the pressure on you to examine your true perceptions of yourself. How do you perceive yourself?
When you look in the mirror, who’s looking back at you? What do you see? When was the last time you took a long hard look at that person? David Goggins calls this The Accountability Mirror. Who is looking back at you? Do you like the person you see? Is it time for a little tough love?
Is Your Life Distorted Right Now?
In the strategy, Grant opens up with this very question. Is Your Life Distorted Right Now? And then comes the real challenge, which is; is the person looking back at you and your life distorted like in those carnival mirrors?
If you’re not loving on the reflection of you and your life, the good news is you’re not alone in that and there is a way to reshape the reflection because Grant did it and that means you can too.
Quote from the Strategy:
I KNOW MY LIFE USED TO BE DISTORTED.
- Not enough money
- Always scared and worried
None of these things were the real me. My life was DISTORTED because of the decisions I made, the actions that I took, and the lack of fruit that my life produced.”
And the key thing for Grant will be the key thing for you too. You have to confront where you’re at, where you’re headed on this current course and make the necessary changes. And to do it right will require you to get brutally honest with yourself and that person looking back at you in the mirror.
So to give you a head start, Grant lays out in the Strategy, 10 clues to spot if your life is distorted.
[FAIR WARNING: Just recognizing this won’t be enough.]
Sorry, but it’s nothing more than a good start. There are plenty of people who recognize they need help or have a problem that do nothing about it… Who did you just think about? What about you? So just because you recognize you have room for improvement doesn’t mean you’ve improved. So when we go through these 10 clues, if you identify a real opportunity to alter your perception of yourself for the better, I want to challenge you to set some new policies and action plans for living your life moving forward.
10 clues to spot if your life is distorted:
- Do you challenge authority but won’t challenge yourself?
- Are you wasting weekdays by getting wasted on the weekend?
- Do you act like a know it all when you know nothing at all?
- You talk more than you listen?
- Do you criticize more than you create?
- Do you never have time for anything productive, but make time for everything that isn’t?
- Are you blaming your situation on everything except yourself?
- You don’t trust anyone because you can’t trust yourself.
- Are you hating on successful people and refuse to act like a success?
- Do you think you’re too young, too old, too broke, the wrong color, wrong gender…?
Did you see yourself in any of these?
If so, what are you going to do about it? How are you going to tackle the barriers that are holding you back from the real you?
- You need to challenge yourself.
- Start to use your weekends to pull ahead.
- Make self-improvement and gaining knowledge a daily activity.
- It’s time to start listening more and talking less.
- Create more that you criticize.
- Commit and schedule time for productive activities and remove time wasted for things that aren’t.
- Stop the blame game and take full responsibility for yourself and your situation.
- Trust yourself more.
- Instead of hating on successful people, learn from them and start acting as if; like a success.
- You’re never too young, too old, too broke, the wrong color, wrong gender…
How do you perceive yourself now? If you need to get a handle on that, make sure you take the time needed to literally work out these kinks. Because that’s really what they are. Kinks. And kinks are what stops the flow but kinks can be fixed. Kinks can get straightened out. It will take time, energy, effort and most like money.
And there are two really great ways to start tackling these 10 clues so you can start changing your life to be the person you know you CAN and should be.
Watching the recording of 10X Growth Con will light this fire and Cardone University will add wood that keeps the fire going. To get your recording of 10X Growth Con, call me at 310-777-0352 and as an added bonus, I’ll hook you up with 7 days free access to Cardone U. Sound good? Excellent! Talk soon!