BELIEF: The Wednesday Word #WednesdayWisdom
- an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.
- something one accepts as true or real; a firmly held opinion or conviction.
- a religious conviction.
- trust, faith, or confidence in someone or something.
- any cognitive content held as true
- a vague idea in which some confidence is placed
Belief is the noun form of the verb believe
Comes from Old English: belyfan meaning to have faith or confidence
Which came from proto-germanic: ga-laubjan meaning hold dear, valuable, satisfactory, to love
And that came from: PIE root (proto-indo-european language in europe spoken by a people who lived from roughly 4500 to 2500 B.C) *leubh- “to care, desire, love” (see belief).
BELIEF: The Wednesday Word ACTION IDEA:
What beliefs do you have? More importantly, do you have any beliefs that might be holding you back? It is your beliefs right now that are creating your reality and your life.
Take into account that you have been educated with restrictions. Be aware of this so that you don’t underestimate the possibilities.” -Grant Cardone
What are your beliefs about you?
- Your true potential and capability?
- How healthy could you be?
- What is your belief about your destiny?
What are your beliefs about money?
- Is it abundant or scarce?
- Are you allowed to have as much as you want?
- Is money good, evil, a tool, a scoreboard?
What are your beliefs about success?
- Do you believe success can happen to anyone, including you?
- Are you on the field or in the stands?
- What’s your belief about risk and how does that affect your daily decision making?
What are your beliefs about education, knowledge and learning?
- Are you capable of learning more?
- Is education something you finish or is it on going?
- Do you believe your entitled to know everything you want to know?
What are your beliefs about your customers?
- Are they cheap?
- Do you ever think they’re all a bunch of jerks?
- What jargon do you use to describe your clients? Would you call them that to their face?
MOST IMPORTANT BELIEF THAT BASICALLY SUMS ALL OF THIS UP IN ONE SHOT:
The most important decision we make is whether we believe we live in a friendly or hostile universe.” – Albert Einstein
What kind of universe do YOU live in? And considering you get what you put your attention on, if you’re starting to uncover some limiting beliefs, simple reverse to polarity and start giving the new empowering belief LOTS more attention. You can rewrite old programming.