Warrior: The Wednesday Word #WednesdayWisdom
INTRO: What does it mean to be a warrior? What images pop into your head when you hear that word?
WORD: Warrior (noun)
A noun is a word that functions as the name of a specific object or set of objects, such as living creatures, places, actions, qualities, states of existence, or ideas.
DEFINITION of warrior:
- (especially in former times) a brave or experienced soldier or fighter.
“the warrior heroes of ancient Greece”
- a person engaged or experienced in warfare
- broadly : a person engaged in some struggle or conflict
ETYMOLOGY of warrior:
1300, from Old North French werreier (Old French guerroieor) “a warrior, soldier, combatant, one who wages war,” from werreier “wage war,” from werre (see war (n.)).
late Old English wyrre, werre “large-scale military conflict,” from Old North French werre “war” (Old French guerre “difficulty, dispute; hostility; fight, combat, war;” Modern French guerre), from Frankish *werra, from Proto-Germanic *werz-a- (source also of Old Saxon werran, Old High German werran, German verwirren “to confuse, perplex”), from PIE *wers- (1) “to confuse, mix up”. Cognates suggest the original sense was “to bring into confusion.”
Warrior: The Wednesday Word ACTION IDEAS:
So I’ve got two quotes and a code! Remember the purpose is to take these words and examine how can we plug these words into our sales, our business and our life. As a professional, listen to these quotes and hear the code. Are you living the ways of a warrior in your sales, your business and your daily life? What needs a tune up?
“When you become fully responsible for your life, you can become fully human; once you become human, you may discover what it means to be a warrior.”
– Dan Millman
“You can only fight the way you practice”
The 7 Virtues of Bushido (The Samurai Code):
Go over each of these as often and as frequently as you need to until you have a complete understanding. These virtues will require work.
- Integrity: Warriors make a full commitment to their decisions.
- Respect: The true strength of a warrior becomes apparent during difficult times
- Heroic Courage: Heroic courage is not blind, it is intelligent and strong.
- Honor: You cannot hide from yourself.
- Compassion: If an opportunity does not arise, they go out of their way to find one.
- Honesty & Sincerity: Speaking and doing are the same action
- Duty & Loyalty: To everyone they are responsible for, they remain fiercely true.