DISCIPLINE: The Wednesday Word #WednesdayWisdom
This week, The Wednesday Word is “discipline”
- the practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behavior, using punishment to correct disobedience.
- the controlled behavior resulting from discipline.
- activity or experience that provides mental or physical training.
- a system of rules of conduct.
- a branch of knowledge, typically one studied in higher education.
- train (someone) to obey rules or a code of behavior, using punishment to correct disobedience.
- punish or rebuke (someone) formally for an offense.
- train oneself to do something in a controlled and habitual way.
Latin disciplina ‘instruction, knowledge’, from discipulus (see disciple).
Latin disciplina “instruction given, teaching, learning, knowledge,” also “object of instruction, knowledge, science, military discipline,” from discipulus “pupil, student, follower” (see disciple (n.)).
What are your disciplines?
Where do you need more discipline?
What are you a true student of?