The most effective sales meetings
Effective sales meetings should be meaningful, effective and energizing. Are your sales meetings moving your company forward or are they just putting your people into apathy and sleep mode?
Effective sales meeting checklist:
(we guarantee that you’ll find something you can use to improve your meetings)
Effective sales meetings are purpose-driven: The purpose of a sales meeting is to motivate your people and get them prepared. When you decide to have a purpose driven sales meeting, your people wind up focused on selling and not focused on just getting through the day. All too often, sales meetings become boring lectures with repetitive messages that really have nothing to do with selling your products. These ineffective meetings become a source of de-motivation rather than motivation and increased sales. Sales meetings that are unplanned are punishment for those that have to attend.
Effective sales meeting deliver compelling content: Sales meetings should be delivered every day and provide the team with information that gives them new hope and new solutions that will help them in increasing business. Most companies agree with daily sales meetings but don’t actually hold them because they lack fresh and compelling content. Eventually and inevitably, meetings become a waste of time. For sales meetings to be effective you must invest time and energy in making them interesting over and over again.
The purpose of an effective sales meeting:
- Bring the team together and inspire cohesiveness as a selling team.
- Motivate and provide the sales and management teams with hope of what is possible.
- Prepare individual sales people with new techniques and solutions that will actually increase sales.
Effective sales meetings must be kept fresh, motivating, engaging and upbeat. It’s important that you don’t waste your salespeople’s time, but also avoid overloading them with information that is just “information.”
Effective sales meeting should be short, inspiring, provoking, positive and focused on SOLUTIONS! (Short means under twenty minutes.)
Three tips to have effective sales meetings:
1. Jump-start the meeting and surprise your team with visual content that sets the stage and grabs their full attention. Use high impact video to make points, something that can really wake them up and get them thinking. Do not just talk to your people but instead, get their senses engaged, get them focused, and wake them up! The major goal of the sales meeting is to offset the massive amounts of negative information your team has received in the last 24 hours from mass media.
2. Be a TEAM, for real. Do you have their full attention? Can you get your team to focus on ‘saving’ business that was worked over the last days? What happened to the deals we were working over the last couple weeks? The goal here is to get them thinking how they, as a team, can piece a transaction together and get the day started on a fast track.
3. Focus on the wins not the losses! Take a few minutes at every meeting to congratulate salespeople for any and all completed goals, closed deals, and successes. Praise reinforces positive behavior and encourages everyone to do well. Keep the discussion relevant and don’t allow people to present problems unless they also have potential solutions.
The Key is Consistency to Effective Sales Meetings
They should be daily, short, engaging, entertaining and interesting and focused on solutions and the positive not the negative. Did you know that your people are being trained whether YOU are training them or not? The question is, who’s training them? Will you provide them with positive sales training daily or will you let the media train them into apathy with negativity and bad news? There is no doubt that an effective sales meeting done on a daily basis will prove to be a great investment of time and energy.
Where does your team need the most help?
We would like to give you free access to a video library with over 1500 short segments. Segments designed and structured specifically to be easy to deliver, consistent and effective sales meetings that motivate your people and transfer the skills they need to be true sales professionals. We’ve seen production increases of 15-30% in as little as 90 days and that happened because they implemented our formula for success. For more on how we do that (with samples) CLICK HERE.